Sunday, 7 May 2017

Dotterel Cheshire

I have just broken a 40 year jinx ,this is the first time I have managed to photograph Dotterel . Having seen plenty over the years they have always been distant or when they were close you were looking into the sun, so to say Iam pleased is a understatement. Two birds have arrived not far from home so surely I had to be in with a chance this time, having missed them the other day this was my second attempt . A frustrating two hour wait this morning paid off as one of the birds arrived with a small party of Golden Plovers and landed by the wall over the far side of the field . A sprint up the road over the hill and I settled down behind the wall , the Dotterel just kept on feeding and started to walk towards me Bingo jinx over ....note to my self stop running iam 60 this month .
One of the many Golden Plovers present.

No comments: