Thursday, 14 September 2017

New Brighton

After three days of North Westerlies hitting the north Wirral coast and seeing all the excellent images coming out from New Brighton I thought it was about time to pay a visit. I arrived just after 7-00 as the sun was rising in hope that last night's strong winds might have trapped a few in the Mersey. Being joined by other birders and photographers we waited , and it was not untill around 10-00 that the first Leach's Petrel came out and bingo straight towards us across the beach. Giving excellent views it drifted off out of the mouth of the Mersey and headed further around the coast. It wasn't till around midday that we picked up a Grey Phalarope just drifting and feeding not far off shore . It performed perfectly giving excellent opportunities for photos. It was a long seven hours but well worth the drive , I know I should have been there the day before when all the action was going on but I still enjoyed the birds and the company and the banter with some old photographers I have not seen for a long time.

No comments: